Sunday, March 21, 2010

Turkish Delights

We had a progressive dinner last night. Oh what fun! Three couples, three countries, three courses, dress ups, house decorating and plate making.

I was on dessert: Spiced peaches and apricots with homemade vanilla ice cream. I dug out our wedding table runners and leftover invitation cards to use as menus. The design so happened to be of an Ottoman tile - delicious!!!!

We used my small bowls as candle glow bowls and Turkish coffee cups, served with, of course, Turkish Delights.

I was so inspired that I decided to make some dessert plates to serve on.

The first batch (after many struggles with cracking) are photographed here for the dinner party and given to the guests after.


The second batch are waiting to be fired for the Perth Upmaket, happening next Sunday. I have used these lovely stamps as well as my own hand carved stamps to decorate them.
They will be $25 each for this size.
Perth Upmarket - Winthrop Hall, UWA Sunday 28th March 10-4pm

1 comment: